Wednesday 14 January 2015

PPP3 - INSPIRATION

Today I watched a short video featuring Aaron Draplin, a well known graphic designer who was born and raised in America. In the video, Aaron takes on a logo challenge from 'Lynda.com' in which he must complete a design for a logo within a fifteen minute timeframe. 

Most logos are not designed in such a short amount of time and require much more development. However, Aaron's vast experience enables him to create a successful outcome within the specified timeframe while documenting his process and decisions for the viewer. 

The video appealed to my professional interests and has relevance to my development as a designer due to the fact that I am continually looking for ways to improve my practice. Watching the video allowed me to analyse a professional designers methodology while solving a design problem, something that is both interesting and useful.   




While watching the video I took notes documenting aspects of Aaron's design process that can in turn help me to improve as a designer.

NOTES -  


No comments:

Post a Comment