Friday 16 January 2015

PPP3 - INSPIRATION

Today, while browsing through the pages of 'Booooooom', a creative inspiration website, I stumbled upon some amazing water colour studies by a Swedish illustrator and designer named Felix Roos. 

As a medium, watercolour paints have always interested me due to diverse range of the ways in which the paints can be applied and the stunning outcomes that can be produced. In fact, over the Christmas period, I utilised the qualities of watercolour paints to my advantage, applying them to create a range of tranquil mushroom illustrations for a wallpaper repeat pattern. 

Upon seeing the studies by Roos I was instantly amazed, not only by his ability to apply the paints, but also with the originality of his pieces. Of the works featured below my favorite studies are undoubtedly the hand reaching through a cube of water and the range of fragmented faces.    


fr9

fr8

fr7

fr5

fr3

fr2


No comments:

Post a Comment